An enthusiastic, dynamic and versatile marketer with proven success in increasing market share and improving customer experience journeys in different industries. He has vast knowledge and insights about customer flow, and streamlining customer journey in service areas.
Initiation requires motivation whereas propagation requires determination. The case of chaotic queuing systems is no different. No sane person would like to rot in waiting lines without a fruitful purpose. Let’s have a look at why queues have become increasingly regular all across the world.
- Cheap products: Reduction in prices serves as the attractive force in times of excessive inflation. Businesses are sharp enough to delude people, make them compromise their time and energy and succumb to problematic queuing systems. Check out the queue for €1 microwave ovens.
- Fresh start-ups: The first McDonalds in Moscow triggered hundreds of people to queue. Parallel to this, any fresh initiative in a region which is credible around the world, if coupled with strategic marketing, would be a magnet for huge crowds of people. Although no doubt, McDonalds is worth hours of waiting!
- Launch of the favorites: Be it an intriguing video game, or a critically acclaimed movie, a huge influx of frantic population would surely get their rightful copy of it. The GTA V waiting line speaks it all!However, there are always some indolent ones who choose to not make their desperation public.
- Celebrity Autographs: Much more bothering than the paparazzi are the fans begging for autographs of their beloved celebrities. Long queues with notes and pens sticking out pleading for a queue are a familiar sight for the entertainment industry.
- Tourist spots: Whether it is the scorching heat of the Middle East or the hustle of USA, people would never mind the never ending queues of the frenzied Atlantis and the magical Disney Land. With a distinction of their offerings, these locations demand people to bear the trouble.
- Mouth watering temptations: Hot dogs on the hot coals of the fire sandwiched between a soft, steamed bun, with the combination of crunchy veggies, sautéed onions and spicy mustard...tantalizing, isn’t it? People who have a weakness for the best food offerings would not think twice to enter a queue no matter how faraway it would head to. Notice the hot dog vendor at the corner of the street and the infinite queue in the picture!
- Personal needs: All those who root for gender equality, check out the difference between the queues of the two genders and reconsider your opinion. Nonetheless, toilet queues are found in every continent on the face of earth.A world record for the length of a toilet queue was set when 756 people lined up for a latrine in central Brussels to raise awareness for the need for clean water on World Water Day. To each queue, its own purpose.
- Social Responsibilities: Selflessness pervades when people sacrifice their time and join a queue to help the unfortunate around them. Queuing up to donate blood is surely worth the cause.
- Disaster incited provisions: Helplessness prompts the underprivileged to bear hardships in return of basic life necessities. A quite distorted queue in Syria to get food illustrates the troubles of the world.
Ranging from extremely serious issues like crises in Syria to the hyper excited populace at the gates of the Disney World, queuing systems are displayed in a wide breadth of places with reasons as insignificant as a celebrity autograph contrasting with causes like blood donation. Even though time consuming; queuing manages population flow quite efficiently if compared to distorted crowds of people causing havoc.
Despite of varied motivations for forming queues around the world, organizations are now switching to advanced technologies like Queue Management Systems to minimize waiting times by allowing people to queue virtually and even get a queue ticket using a simple mobile app.